The insurance industry has welcomed the government’s introduction of the Civil Liability Bill, which includes changes to the way the discount rate is set and how whiplash claims are paid.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) told Insurance Age that the trade body was “very pleased” with the bill.
He highlighted the problems that had come from the surprise change of the Ogden rate from 2.5% to minus 0.75% a year ago, including pressure on
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- CII masters degree available remotely
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018