The insurance industry has welcomed the government’s introduction of the Civil Liability Bill, which includes changes to the way the discount rate is set and how whiplash claims are paid.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) told Insurance Age that the trade body was “very pleased” with the bill.
He highlighted the problems that had come from the surprise change of the Ogden rate from 2.5% to minus 0.75% a year ago, including pressure on
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing