The insurance industry has welcomed the government’s introduction of the Civil Liability Bill, which includes changes to the way the discount rate is set and how whiplash claims are paid.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) told Insurance Age that the trade body was “very pleased” with the bill.
He highlighted the problems that had come from the surprise change of the Ogden rate from 2.5% to minus 0.75% a year ago, including pressure on
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals