Champion Cage fighter Jake ‘Brutal’ Bostwick was found by a court to have made a dishonest whiplash claim with Aviva after taking part in a championship fight while claiming for his injuries.
Aviva revealed in a statement that on 18 October 2017, the County Court at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch heard the evidence against Bostwick.
District Judge Jackson concluded Bostwick had made a dishonest personal injury claim and ruled it to be fundamentally dishonest. The Judge ordered the claimant to pay
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns