LV reported income of £1.2bn for the first have of 2016, a slight increase on the £1.1bn reported in the same period last year.
Group operating profits dropped to £33m (2015: £79m) while profit before tax fell to £1m (2015: £49m).
The general insurance operating profit fell to £22m from £70m in 2015.
Group CEO Richard Rowney commented: "The underlying trading performance of our general insurance business is good with 8% growth in premium income.
"Profitability in 2016 has been affected by the
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?