NKSJ Holdings, through its subsidiary Sompo Japan Insurance, has bought 100% of Canopius Group for £594m.
The deal for the specialist Lloyd's market company was confirmed after a weekend of speculation and the price represents a 1.5x multiple based on Canopius's unaudited tangible net asset value at 30 June 2013.
The Canopius brand and management team will all be kept by the new owners.
The transaction is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2014.
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman