A statement from the insurer said the decision was part of a group-wide effort to streamline its legal structure and optimise its capital management although a spokeswoman did agree the preferential tax rates available also came into consideration.
The move will see all the general insurance business written by the UK branch of Zurich Insurance Company, Zurich International, Navigators & General and Zurich GSG transfer to Zurich Insurance Ireland (ZIIL).
A spokeswoman for the company stresse
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017