A statement from the insurer said the decision was part of a group-wide effort to streamline its legal structure and optimise its capital management although a spokeswoman did agree the preferential tax rates available also came into consideration.
The move will see all the general insurance business written by the UK branch of Zurich Insurance Company, Zurich International, Navigators & General and Zurich GSG transfer to Zurich Insurance Ireland (ZIIL).
A spokeswoman for the company stresse
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData