A statement from the insurer said the decision was part of a group-wide effort to streamline its legal structure and optimise its capital management although a spokeswoman did agree the preferential tax rates available also came into consideration.
The move will see all the general insurance business written by the UK branch of Zurich Insurance Company, Zurich International, Navigators & General and Zurich GSG transfer to Zurich Insurance Ireland (ZIIL).
A spokeswoman for the company
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019