The research company claimed that it could never see any good reason for not treating all travel insurance sales under the same regulatory regime.
It went on to say that in terms of the detriment to the consumer of purchasing travel polices through tour operators and travel agents, Defaqto has for years consistently highlighted the additional cost involved, which in earlier years had been estimated to be as high as £250m.
Brian Brown, head of insight at Defaqto said: “With travel agent turno
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services