A host of activity in the managing general agent (MGA) arena has brought the strengths and challenges of operating as a ‘third force’ player into focus.
At the heart of the movement was Towergate Underwriting with a couple of eye-catching capacity agreements. One was the announcement of a £1bn deal consisting of several five-year contracts with the likes of RSA, Allianz, QBE and Zurich. But, at the same time, it emerged that Axa would no longer provide capacity for Towergate’s household MGA.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall