After disappointing results for 2010, Ecclesiastical is the latest insurer to look to balance the books and cut back on unprofitable lines and as our timeline shows, it is by no means the first to do this. The past two years have seen several insurers exit areas of the personal lines market in an effort to push up profits.
The knock on effect has been a contraction in the market, especially in personal motor which has led to some rate hardening.
On the commercial side of the fence, however, we
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five