▶ You started trading in January 2017 – why did you start up on your own?
John Sims: Chris and I go back to 1998. We became friends over the years. We first mooted the idea over 10 years ago. As far as this model goes we’d almost independently thought about it. It was a question of timing.
Chris Blackham: When I left [Bluefin after the Axa acquisition] I was restrained from doing business so I designed something and it sat on my shelf. It needed a leader and me to be able to do it.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m