If the broking market is made up of approximately 3,000 firms, then the number that has signed up amounts to roughly 4% of the market. There is nothing in the Declaration that any broker worth their salt would not want to be associated with so why the reluctance?
Alasdair Stewart, head of corporate development at the CII, said he was delighted with the success enjoyed so far but suggested the relative reluctance among brokers could be explained by size of company.
"We are delighted - the takeup
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution