Statistics from various insurance-preferred suppliers indicate that the average level of underinsurance currently ranges from 50-60%.
Although the number of claims received by insurers has fallen, the cost of UK fire losses in 2008 were the highest recorded, standing at £1.27bn (£865m commercial properties), a 16% increase on 2007's figures.
To ensure business continuity, the importance of establishing adequate levels of cover, especially in the current climate, cannot be underestimated and is a
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall