The opportunities for buyers in the regional market.
In the final edition of our week long look at succession planning Phil Bayles, chief distribution officer, intermediaries at Aviva highlights that buying activity is moving down the size layers.
Accepting that some of that activity is consolidator lead - large firms buying medium sized business, he also argues that there is a "big tranche" of regional brokers growing their volume, geographical reach and niches by making deals.
"It is regional guys buying down the chain," he sums up.
"They are keen to grow their businesses and see a good ten or 15 years ahead of them."
Hear more from Phil about the opportunities for brokers who may not have struck such deals before.
Catch up on all the series of videos in full:
Video: Succession planning (1) - the latest wave of consolidation
Video: Succession planning (2) - people
Video: Succession planning (3) - criteria for success
Video: Succession planning (4) - the range of funding options
- CII apologises after complaints procedure failure
- Regional review: Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
- Opinion: Branko Bjelobaba on the Insurance Distribution Directive
- Ogden – the symptom not the root cause
- Opinion: John O'Roarke on the changing face of insurance
- Biba warns of "huge uncertainty" and calls for urgent progress with new EU free trade agreement as Article 50 is triggered
- AA posts first growth in motor policies since 2008