The opportunities for buyers in the regional market.
In the final edition of our week long look at succession planning Phil Bayles, chief distribution officer, intermediaries at Aviva highlights that buying activity is moving down the size layers.
Accepting that some of that activity is consolidator lead - large firms buying medium sized business, he also argues that there is a "big tranche" of regional brokers growing their volume, geographical reach and niches by making deals.
"It is regional guys buying down the chain," he sums up.
"They are keen to grow their businesses and see a good ten or 15 years ahead of them."
Hear more from Phil about the opportunities for brokers who may not have struck such deals before.
Catch up on all the series of videos in full:
Video: Succession planning (1) - the latest wave of consolidation
Video: Succession planning (2) - people
Video: Succession planning (3) - criteria for success
Video: Succession planning (4) - the range of funding options
- News analysis: Towergate investors to create insurance giant
- Academy Insurance launches QIP Underwriting
- InsurTech Futures: Aviva leads £5m investment in Neos
- Towergate owner issues £800m debt offer
- InsurTech Futures: Regulation in InsurTech needs to change, says Aviva's Wilson
- In Focus: Art and private client
- Broking break: And finally