The Ministry of Justice (MoJ), has unveiled the Prisons and Courts Bill stating it would pave the way for the biggest overhaul of prisons in a generation and the delivery of a world-class court system. In among the details from the department led by Justice Secretary Elizabeth Truss was an update on whiplash compensation reform. The MOJ confirmed that there would be new fixed tariffs capping whiplash compensation pay-outs. It also said there would be a ban on claims without medical evidence.
- News analysis: Towergate investors to create insurance giant
- Academy Insurance launches QIP Underwriting
- InsurTech Futures: Aviva leads £5m investment in Neos
- Towergate owner issues £800m debt offer
- InsurTech Futures: Regulation in InsurTech needs to change, says Aviva's Wilson
- In Focus: Art and private client
- Broking break: And finally