The Ministry of Justice (MoJ), has unveiled the Prisons and Courts Bill stating it would pave the way for the biggest overhaul of prisons in a generation and the delivery of a world-class court system. In among the details from the department led by Justice Secretary Elizabeth Truss was an update on whiplash compensation reform. The MOJ confirmed that there would be new fixed tariffs capping whiplash compensation pay-outs. It also said there would be a ban on claims without medical evidence.
- Regional review: Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
- Howden goes for further regional expansion in Bristol
- InsurTech Futures: Synechron launches InsureBOT in the UK
- Chubb launches online platform for brokers
- Biba warns of "huge uncertainty" and calls for urgent progress with new EU free trade agreement as Article 50 is triggered
- Opinion: Branko Bjelobaba on the Insurance Distribution Directive
- Biba raises unsuitable products concerns ahead of CMA investigation into aggregators