Hiscox UK and Ireland achieved a 1.9% rise in gross written premiums (GWP) to £443.3m for 2015 (2014: £435m). For the year ended 31 December, the insurer noted that brokers accounted for just under 80% of UK business. According to the insurer it achieved a retention rate of 87% through the broker channel which grew by 7.6%. In addition Hiscox noted that it had seen a six-fold increase in demand for its cyber and data insurance product for SMEs. The combined operating ratio (COR) f
- Claims management reorganisation at Ageas
- Covea GWP hits £666.3m
- Blog: Comply with GDPR or risk a £17.5m fine
- Broking success: Richard Dornan, Premium Choice
- Lloyd's contacts all staff about voluntary redundancies
- InsurTech Futures: Ageas to use AI in claims handling
- Blog: Allianz and LV, a tie-up that could turn others green with envy?