Ryan Direct Group (RDG) is continually evaluating strategic opportunities to acquire niche and specialist lines businesses according to its CEO Derek Coles, after the firm signed an agreement to buy managing general agent (MGA) Midas Underwriting. The deal is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2016 and is still subject to regulatory approval. RDG, which is part of Chicago-based Ryan Specialty Group, said the acquisition of Midas complements its existing portfolio in property own
- Claims management reorganisation at Ageas
- Covea GWP hits £666.3m
- Blog: Comply with GDPR or risk a £17.5m fine
- Broking success: Richard Dornan, Premium Choice
- Lloyd's contacts all staff about voluntary redundancies
- InsurTech Futures: Ageas to use AI in claims handling
- Blog: Allianz and LV, a tie-up that could turn others green with envy?