Halifax General Insurance's decision to continue to use lie detectors on high risk insurance claims has come under fire from Glasgow consultancy, Human Factors Analysts (HFAL). Despite the growing problem of insurance fraud, Dr Christine Emerson of HFAL criticised Halifax's stance, arguing that lie detection software risked alienating and losing customers. "There are much subtler ways to highlight inconsistencies within claims," she argued.
- Towergate owner issues £800m debt offer
- News analysis: Towergate investors to create insurance giant
- InsurTech Futures: Aviva leads £5m investment in Neos
- FCA says intermediaries earned £15.9bn in 2016
- Harvey Pettitt moving to Open GI from SSP
- InsurTech Futures: Regulation in InsurTech needs to change, says Aviva's Wilson
- Academy Insurance launches QIP Underwriting