The annual cost of plant and equipment theft is thought to be upwards of £400m, according to The National Plant and Equipment Register (TER); a figure which could rocket as work starts on the Olympic development.Last year, thefts were recorded by the TER, and the figures were on average 20% higher than in 2004, with dumper trucks recording the greatest increase (+54%).The most attractive items to thieves are excavators with 1,169 being stolen, accounting for 43.3% of total theft value.TER is
- Claims management reorganisation at Ageas
- Covea GWP hits £666.3m
- Blog: Comply with GDPR or risk a £17.5m fine
- Broking success: Richard Dornan, Premium Choice
- Lloyd's contacts all staff about voluntary redundancies
- InsurTech Futures: Ageas to use AI in claims handling
- Blog: Allianz and LV, a tie-up that could turn others green with envy?