Airmic has criticised the Treasury for declining a request that risk managers be granted automatic exemption from regulation under the Insurance Mediation Directive, which comes into force in January. Airmic said it was disappointed that the Treasury appeared to have missed the point of the request for exemption, which it said was based around the need for absolute clarity in this matter.
- Towergate owner issues £800m debt offer
- Gallagher versus Portsoken court case settled
- Aviva stakes claim to industry first with BI calculator and enhanced cover combination
- Opinion: Tim Holliday on the effects of the Ogden rate change
- Sabre tipped for £600m stock market float
- SSP outage highlights importance of business continuity planning
- SSP passes Biba's software assessment